Watch Liverpool Vs Sunderland Live Stream Online. Liverpool seldom seems to take one step forward these days without taking another one back almost straight away. Win at West Ham, lose to Villa; win against Fulham, lose at Stoke; win at QPR ...... If they were to lose to Sunderland another opportunity to get somewhere near the top four or five would have been spurned.
Liverpool Vs Sunderland Live. Liverpool may have had some domestic cup success in 2012, but in the Premier League it was a miserable year. Only 46 points were won from 39 league games. That ratio is not much better than the 40 points from 38 games generally regarded as being enough to avoid relegation.
Watch Liverpool Vs Sunderland Live. Brendan Rodgers would want me to stress that 28 of those points have come in his 20 games in charge, whilst only 18 points came from Kenny Dalglish's last 19 league games. Dalglish would no doubt say that cup games had become the priority from January to May.
Liverpool Vs Sunderland Live Stream. Whatever, Liverpool's 46 points in 2012 compares rather unfavourably with Manchester United's 93 and that is the standard Liverpool need to be aiming for, however far off it may seem. Liverpool's 46 is also three fewer league points won in 2012 than were amassed by Sunderland from the same number of games.
Liverpool Vs Sunderland Live Stream. "Ah, but Sunderland didn't win anything!" I know - but even so.Sunderland have proved to be tough opponents for Liverpool in recent times, taking a point from Anfield on each of their last two visits and losing only one of the last five meetings home and away, with a little inflatable assistance on the way.
Watch Liverpool Vs Sunderland Live. Defeat against Spurs on Saturday came after they had secured back-to-back league wins for the first time since February. And a team that could hardly muster a shot on target back in the autumn seem have started to find the net more regularly. Another Anfield draw would be a good way for them to start 2013.
- Sunderland have never beaten Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League (in 11 attempts).
- The Black Cats have only beaten Liverpool three times in the Premier League (in 23 attempts).
- The highest-scoring match between the two clubs was a 6-5 top-flight win for Sunderland in December 1930.
- The Reds have only won back-to-back Premier League games once this season.
- Liverpool hit the woodwork 26 times in 2012 - more than any other side.
- Luis Suarez now has eight away goals in the Premier League this season - more than any other player. And he now has 13 league goals in total this season, two more than last season.
- In their past 10 Premier League matches, the Black Cats have lost six, won three and drawn one.
- The Wearsiders have scored at least once in their past seven Premier League matches.
- Against Tottenham in their last match, John O'Shea scored his first Premier League goal in over three years. His last came in Manchester United's win at Stoke in September 2009. Source : bbc.co.uk